The Health Benefits Of Water Section
Keeping ourselves fit and in good health requires some effort on our part. Reading about the health benefits of water can give you important information and the motivation to pay more attention to the role water plays in keeping us fit.
ONE OF THE MAJOR HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATER: KEEPING US FROM BECOMING A PILE OF DUST ON THE FLOOR
Waters Functions as an Incredible Solvent
Water is an incredible solvent. It will, over time, dissolve or aid in change of the composition of almost everything, including all those elements that make up our bodies. All the food we take in; vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that build and maintain our bodies have to be dissolved and moved to the cells. Putting those ingredients in a form that can be absorbed by the cells is one of the health benefits of water.
It Helps You to Keep Keeping On
One of waters function in the body is to aid in the regulation of the bodily functions. Every chemical and enzymatic reaction that occurs in the body occurs in the presence of water and would not occur without it. The efficiency with which they occur is often a function of the amount of water available.
It Keeps Your Inner Fire Burning:
Metabolism is the means by which the food we consume is turned into energy. Digestion is the first chemical process that takes place. It prepares the nutrients in the food to be absorbed by the body and transformed into energy. Adequate water intake is essential to maintain both good digestion and a healthy metabolism. The health benefit of water is better utilization of the nutrients you consume resulting in more enegy.
Water Ways – Transportation In, About and Out Again
Water functions as a means of transportation.
Like water in the environment, water is our body’s primary means of delivering what we need and removing or recycling what we don’t. Nutrients, hormones, oxygen, and antibodies are carried through the lymphatic system and blood stream by water.
SOME OF THE WAYS WATERS FUNCTIONS TO KEEP US HEALTHY:
The Health Benefits of Water: Our Internal Organs:
- Our kidneys are designed to remove waste from our bodies. The kidneys help to flush toxins such as uric acid, urea and lactic acid the kidneys out of our blood stream. These toxins can make us feel unwell and sluggish. They can also put a harmful burden on the other systems in the body. Adequate water intake lessens the burden on your kidneys keeping us "pollution free".
- Water can help prevent kidney stones and reduce your chance of getting bladder, kidney or urinary track infections
- Water functions to keep our liver healthy.
- Researchers at the Loma Linda University in California studied more than 20,000 healthy men and women and found that people who drank more than 5 glasses of water a day are less likely to die from a heart attack than people who drink less than two.
- The Body will look everywhere to meet its need for water. If you are dehydrated, it will pull water out of the colon making stools dry and hard. Adequate hydration helps keep water in the body and thus in the stool.
Preventing constipation may be as simple as drinking plenty of fluids. By adding fluid to the colon and bulk to the stool, bowel movements are softer and easier to pass.
- One study found that women who drank more than five glasses of water a day had a risk of colon cancer 45% less than those that drank less than two.
- Perspiration is the bodies natural mechanism to control body temperature. To sweat properly you need plenty of water.
- The body, like any mechanical device, has parts that, without protection and lubrication, would destroy each other. Instead of rubber mounts, motor oil and grease, our bodies have joints protected by cartilage and lubricated by water based liquids. Keeping you car well lubricated and your body well hydrated and they will both run smoother and give you more mileage.
- The water in your spinal discs is an essential supporting mechanism. Your spine supports 75% of your bodies weight. It’s a hydraulic device so keep it hydrated.
Water on the Brain - It’s a good thing.
- Well, maybe not on the brain but it is certainly influential in keeping the brain functioning properly and that’s a good thing.
- 85% of the brains tissue is water. Weighing in at about 1/50th of the total weight of the body it uses 1/20th of the bodies blood supply.
- Studies have shown that dehydration can be a key element in causing headaches and migraines.
- Studies also link dehydration to chronic fatigue syndrome and depression.
Health benefits if you’re sick:
- The old saying to "drink plenty of fluids" when you are sick still holds true.
- Water can help you control fever, replace lost fluids and thin our mucus.
WHAT ABOUT BAD WATER
Water can also bring disease to our bodies in the form of toxic chemicals and water-borne pathogens. Although not a primary means of transportation for viruses, water can at times be a source of viral pathogens.
To find out who is contaminating water supplies and how they are doing it go to this page on water contamination. (hyperlink to Water Contamination Sources page)
SOME EXTREMELY GOOD SOLUTIONS TO THE THREAT OF WATER-BORNE CONTAMINATION
The water your drink may not be as safe as you think.
We’ve found that the most efficient, cost effective, low maintenance, longest lasting system of water treatment is a gravity fed water purification system.. It’s what we use and recommend for you and your loved ones.
There are no products listed under this category.